Learn How Real Estate Pros are Using Canva to Make Free [or inexpensive] Graphics to Promote their App and Engage their Clients
As you begin to use your App as an effective tool to grow your real estate network you may be wondering how to get more users beyond the “Invite Friends” button.
You’re great at promoting your App in-person and know social media is key, but you’re not sure how to create those dynamic posts you see other agents using or which tools are the quickest and most cost effective for real estate pros? Not to worry, you are not alone!
Read on to get started with Canva – a simple online graphics platform to create print and digital assets and start marketing your App – today!
#1 Set up Your Canva Account
With over 200K companies already on board, Canva allows agents to create free or inexpensive real estate marketing materials to promote listings, events, their App and more!
The first step is to set up your Canva account. Follow the steps below and you will be creating in minutes:
- Go to canva.com
- Decide if you want to sign up for Free or try Canva Pro
- Click either “Get Canva Free” or “Try Pro for 30 days”
- Get designing!
#2 Upload App Images and Logos to Your Account
Your app is an extension of your brand with you as the only point-of-contact. Therefore, the best way to gain more users is to promote your App as your call-to-action on all marketing materials – because all channels lead back to you.
A CTA or Call to Action in marketing is an invitation for a user to take action, like going to your website or downloading your App.
Let’s gather some images from your App, a logo from your brokerage, team or personal brand and upload these to your Canva to create a brand “library”. These assets can then be used to make postcards, flyers, social media posts and more all personalized to your brand.
To take screenshots from your App:
- Open up your App
- Press the Top button and the Home button at the same time. Quickly release both buttons. After you take a screenshot, it will go into your phone’s photos. Select these images and email them to yourself
- Go to your email, download images and save them to your desktop
- Go to Canva and upload them
Pro Tip: Take a variety of shots from your App to play around with in your designs, including:
- Hot new listing with your image and contact button shown
- Map view with your neighborhood or market highlighted
- Your App in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store
#3 Create a Print Design
You have 2.7 seconds to grab someone’s attention online, no pressure.
Creating an eye catching design with a clear call-to-action is a perfect way to get people to lean in, peak their curiosity and show them you can provide value with your mobile search app or marketing their listing.
Now that we have our asset library setup, let’s pick from one of the Canva free templates and make it personal to your brand.
Here’s how to create a print piece:
- Search in Canva -> Templates -> Phone Poster
- For the example above, I used, “Blue and Purple Mobile Phone Safety Culture Poster”
- Change the colors to represent Your Brand (Maybe Your Brokerage or Firm Colors) and drag your App screenshots into the phone template
- Change text to make your App the Call-to-action and direct leads to your download link or QR Code
- Print and distribute or display!
Pro Tip: Displaying a poster with App benefits and your QR code at all Open Houses and Community Events is a quick and easy way to gain more App users and quickly followup with prospects.
#4 Create a Social Media Design
Social media is a simple, free and fun way to share your App, property photos, virtual tours, and even your everyday adventures in real estate.
The Rule of 7 states that it takes people 5-7 times of seeing a CTA before they take your desired next step. So don’t just post about your App once – be consistent. Build it into your marketing plan and shamelessly post about it on all your social media channels to ensure you move those leads to App users and then clients.
Here’s how to create a social media post to promote your App:
- Search in Canva -> Templates -> Instagram Post Phone
- For the example above, I used, “Brown Mother’s Day Phone Mockup Instagram Post”
- Change the colors to represent Your Brand (Maybe Your Brokerage or Firm Colors) and add a logo
- Change text to make your App the Call-to-action
- Direct leads to your download link or QR Code for easy download
- Print and distribute or display!
Pro Tip: Post to Instagram first, then click the three dots in the top right of the post to “share to…” Facebook, and LinkedIn to save time and reach a larger audience.
For more app tips follow us on Instagram @homestackapps and find out how top agents are using their App to grow their following + convert more leads to clients.